USA: Hormel Foods agrees to acquire Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products business; acquisition will strengthen Hormel HealthLabs
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) yesterday announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products. Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP) is a business of Diamond Crystal Brands, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial Sugar Company, which on January 16, 2001, voluntarily filed petitions in the U.S. District Court in Wilmington, Del., under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments, and requires the approval of the bankruptcy court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses