USA: Hormel Foods agrees to acquire Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products business; acquisition will strengthen Hormel HealthLabs
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) yesterday announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products. Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP) is a business of Diamond Crystal Brands, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial Sugar Company, which on January 16, 2001, voluntarily filed petitions in the U.S. District Court in Wilmington, Del., under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments, and requires the approval of the bankruptcy court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs