USA: Hormel Foods agrees to acquire Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products business; acquisition will strengthen Hormel HealthLabs
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) yesterday announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products. Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP) is a business of Diamond Crystal Brands, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial Sugar Company, which on January 16, 2001, voluntarily filed petitions in the U.S. District Court in Wilmington, Del., under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments, and requires the approval of the bankruptcy court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill