USA: Hormel Foods agrees to acquire Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products business; acquisition will strengthen Hormel HealthLabs
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) yesterday announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products. Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP) is a business of Diamond Crystal Brands, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial Sugar Company, which on January 16, 2001, voluntarily filed petitions in the U.S. District Court in Wilmington, Del., under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments, and requires the approval of the bankruptcy court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review