USA: Hormel Foods and Cargill announce pork and beef joint venture
Hormel Foods Corp., the manufacturer of SPAM and Jennie-O turkey products, has announced it has paired up with compatriot agribusiness company Cargill Inc. to sell beef and pork in a new joint venture company. The new entity will trade as Precept Foods LLC and sees Cargill's Excel Corp. meatpacking unit supplying fresh pork and beef to US retailers under the programme under the existing Hormel 'Always Tender' brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target