USA: Hormel Foods and Cargill announce pork and beef joint venture
Hormel Foods Corp., the manufacturer of SPAM and Jennie-O turkey products, has announced it has paired up with compatriot agribusiness company Cargill Inc. to sell beef and pork in a new joint venture company. The new entity will trade as Precept Foods LLC and sees Cargill's Excel Corp. meatpacking unit supplying fresh pork and beef to US retailers under the programme under the existing Hormel 'Always Tender' brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch