USA: Hormel Foods and Cargill announce pork and beef joint venture
Hormel Foods Corp., the manufacturer of SPAM and Jennie-O turkey products, has announced it has paired up with compatriot agribusiness company Cargill Inc. to sell beef and pork in a new joint venture company. The new entity will trade as Precept Foods LLC and sees Cargill's Excel Corp. meatpacking unit supplying fresh pork and beef to US retailers under the programme under the existing Hormel 'Always Tender' brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs