USA: Hormel Foods, Cargill's Excel Corp in joint venture agreement
Austin, Minnesota-based meat processor Hormel Foods Corp has signed an agreement to form a joint venture with sector rival Cargill's Excel Corp. to market and distribute meat products to supermarkets and club stores across the US. In a press release yesterday [Thursday], the companies explained that the joint venture, to be called Precept Foods LLC, would see Homel and Excel supply case-ready pork and beef under Hormel's Always Tender national brand name.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations