USA: Hormel Foods, Cargill's Excel Corp in joint venture agreement
Austin, Minnesota-based meat processor Hormel Foods Corp has signed an agreement to form a joint venture with sector rival Cargill's Excel Corp. to market and distribute meat products to supermarkets and club stores across the US. In a press release yesterday [Thursday], the companies explained that the joint venture, to be called Precept Foods LLC, would see Homel and Excel supply case-ready pork and beef under Hormel's Always Tender national brand name.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund