USA: Hormel Foods, Cargill's Excel Corp in joint venture agreement
Austin, Minnesota-based meat processor Hormel Foods Corp has signed an agreement to form a joint venture with sector rival Cargill's Excel Corp. to market and distribute meat products to supermarkets and club stores across the US. In a press release yesterday [Thursday], the companies explained that the joint venture, to be called Precept Foods LLC, would see Homel and Excel supply case-ready pork and beef under Hormel's Always Tender national brand name.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes