USA: Hormel Foods completes acquisition of Diamond Crystal Brands Nutritional Products business
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today announced completion of its purchase of the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP), headquartered in Savannah, Ga. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash. Hormel Foods announced on Feb. 21, 2001, the definitive agreement to acquire the assets of DCBNP, a division of Imperial Sugar Company. Hormel Foods will merge the assets of DCBNP into its Hormel HealthLabs subsidiary, which acquired the business and production facility of Cliffdale Farms in December 2000, making it one of the industry leaders in nutritionally enhanced food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry