USA: Hormel Foods completes acquisition of Diamond Crystal Brands Nutritional Products business
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today announced completion of its purchase of the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP), headquartered in Savannah, Ga. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash. Hormel Foods announced on Feb. 21, 2001, the definitive agreement to acquire the assets of DCBNP, a division of Imperial Sugar Company. Hormel Foods will merge the assets of DCBNP into its Hormel HealthLabs subsidiary, which acquired the business and production facility of Cliffdale Farms in December 2000, making it one of the industry leaders in nutritionally enhanced food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'