USA: Hormel Foods completes acquisition of Diamond Crystal Brands Nutritional Products business
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today announced completion of its purchase of the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP), headquartered in Savannah, Ga. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash. Hormel Foods announced on Feb. 21, 2001, the definitive agreement to acquire the assets of DCBNP, a division of Imperial Sugar Company. Hormel Foods will merge the assets of DCBNP into its Hormel HealthLabs subsidiary, which acquired the business and production facility of Cliffdale Farms in December 2000, making it one of the industry leaders in nutritionally enhanced food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex