USA: Hormel Foods completes acquisition of Diamond Crystal Brands Nutritional Products business
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today announced completion of its purchase of the assets of Diamond Crystal Brands nutritional products (DCBNP), headquartered in Savannah, Ga. The transaction is valued at approximately $65 million in cash. Hormel Foods announced on Feb. 21, 2001, the definitive agreement to acquire the assets of DCBNP, a division of Imperial Sugar Company. Hormel Foods will merge the assets of DCBNP into its Hormel HealthLabs subsidiary, which acquired the business and production facility of Cliffdale Farms in December 2000, making it one of the industry leaders in nutritionally enhanced food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth