USA: Hormel Foods reports 18% increase in Q1 net earnings
Austin, Minnesota-based Hormel Foods Corporation, the multinational marketer of consumer-branded meat and food products, today reported net earnings for the fiscal 2002 Q1, ended 26 January 2002, of US$50.4m. This was an increase of 18% from net earnings of US$42.8m (adjusted for SFAS 142) in the comparable 2001 period. The impact of SFAS 142, which eliminates goodwill amortization, would have increased fiscal 2001 Q1 earnings by US$1.2m, or US$.01 per share. Earnings per share were US$.36, up 16% from US$.31 in the fiscal 2001 Q1 (US$.30 before the impact of SFAS 142).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix