USA: Hormel Foods sees continuing strong demand for turkey products
US meat products maker Hormel Foods has said its fourth-quarter earnings slid 1%, but demand for turkey products remained strong.
The company reported net earnings of US$69.8m, or 50 cents per share, for the fourth quarter to 30 October, compared to earnings of $70.4m, or 50 cents per share, for the year-ago period. Sales totalled $1.3bn, up from $1.2bn last year. The company's accounting cycle resulted in a 14-week fourth quarter in fiscal 2004 and a 13-week fourth quarter in fiscal 2003.
"Our strong fourth quarter was supported by very good demand for our value-added pork and turkey products," said Joel Johnson, chairman of the board and chief executive officer. "As we noted in the 11 November earnings pre-announcement, our Jennie-O Turkey Store business delivered better-than-expected results driven by outstanding demand for turkey products and excellent market conditions. We continue to see this strength into the first quarter of fiscal 2005, which gives us a great start to the New Year."
The company said that after assessing industry factors, business plans and prospects, it has issued earnings guidance for the first quarter of between 40 and 46 cents per share, versus 37 cents in fiscal 2004.
Companies: Hormel Foods
Hormel Foods Corporation, the multinational marketer of consumer-branded meat and food products, has reported fiscal 2006 first quarter net earnings of US$69.3m, up 7% from last year. Diluted earnings...
US consumer-branded meat and food products firm Hormel Foods has reported fourth quarter net earnings of $81.7m, up from of $69.8m a year earlier. Sales totalled $1.5bn, up from $1.3bn in fiscal 2004....
US consumer-branded meat and food products firm Hormel Foods has increased its fourth-quarter earnings guidance, boosted by better-than-expected results from the Jennie-O Turkey Store and grocery prod...
US food maker Hormel Foods has named Jeffrey Ettinger to be the company's ninth chief executive officer....
US food company Hormel Foods has reported lower third-quarter profit but said the outlook for the business was good going into the fourth quarter....
The domestic operations of Philippines food company San Miguel have posted a second quarter operating income of 800m pesos (US$14.3m) for the second quarter, four times the first quarter result and 27...
Food processor Hormel Foods has announced the retirement of two senior executives and a series of management changes to follow those retirements....
Food processor Hormel Foods is ceasing the use of chemical preservatives to process one of its sliced meats lines....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review