USA: Hormel Foods sees drop in Q2 sales, earnings
Austin, Minn.-based branded meats and foods producer Hormel Foods Corporation has posted net earnings of US$32.7m for its Q2 ended 27 April 2002, down 22% from US$41.8m year on year. Q2 earnings per share had also dropped 23% to US$0.23, from US$0.30 in the Q2 2001, and Homel saw Q2 dollar sales of US$955m, down from US$962m year on year. Volume was down 1% versus the comparable Q2 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations