USA: Hormel Foods to acquire the Turkey Store Company
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), one of the nation's largest manufacturers and marketers of consumer-branded meat and food products, today announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire The Turkey Store Company, headquartered in Barron, Wis. Hormel Foods will purchase all of the outstanding shares of The Turkey Store Company for $334.4 million in cash, subject to adjustment for outstanding indebtedness and changes in working capital at closing. This is the largest acquisition in the history of Hormel Foods Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti