USA: Hormel Foods to acquire the Turkey Store Company
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), one of the nation's largest manufacturers and marketers of consumer-branded meat and food products, today announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire The Turkey Store Company, headquartered in Barron, Wis. Hormel Foods will purchase all of the outstanding shares of The Turkey Store Company for $334.4 million in cash, subject to adjustment for outstanding indebtedness and changes in working capital at closing. This is the largest acquisition in the history of Hormel Foods Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill