USA: Hormel Foods to acquire the Turkey Store Company
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), one of the nation's largest manufacturers and marketers of consumer-branded meat and food products, today announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire The Turkey Store Company, headquartered in Barron, Wis. Hormel Foods will purchase all of the outstanding shares of The Turkey Store Company for $334.4 million in cash, subject to adjustment for outstanding indebtedness and changes in working capital at closing. This is the largest acquisition in the history of Hormel Foods Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth