US: Hormel, Hillshire linked to Unilever's Ragu
Unilever is rumoured to be looking for a buyer for Ragu
Hormel Foods and Hillshire Brands both remained silent on speculation they have expressed interest in Unilever's pasta sauce brand, while Post and Mizkan were unavailable for comment at time of press.
Unilever, meanwhile, refused to be drawn on the subject when speculation emerged that it was mulling the sale of Ragu earlier this month. Morgan Stanley, who it is said to be managing the sale, declined to comment.
Analysts suggested Pinnacle would be the most likely of the four to acquire the brand since the group acquired the Wish-Bone salad dressings business from Unilever in a US$580m deal last year.
According to Bloomberg, first round bids for Ragu could fetch up to $2bn.
Infant formulas and baby food products are specially designed for infants and toddlers. These products are easy to consume and provide for the nutritional needs of babies. Baby food products come in a...
Canned food products refer to processed food items that are available in airtight suitable metal cans with added preservatives. Short cooking time, long shelf life, and easy storage are some of the fa...
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition