US: Hormel, Hillshire linked to Unilever's Ragu
Unilever is rumoured to be looking for a buyer for Ragu
Hormel Foods and Hillshire Brands both remained silent on speculation they have expressed interest in Unilever's pasta sauce brand, while Post and Mizkan were unavailable for comment at time of press.
Unilever, meanwhile, refused to be drawn on the subject when speculation emerged that it was mulling the sale of Ragu earlier this month. Morgan Stanley, who it is said to be managing the sale, declined to comment.
Analysts suggested Pinnacle would be the most likely of the four to acquire the brand since the group acquired the Wish-Bone salad dressings business from Unilever in a US$580m deal last year.
According to Bloomberg, first round bids for Ragu could fetch up to $2bn.
Hormel Foods Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Hormel Foods Corp is looking to drive growth through product innovations focusing on convenience and health and wellness trends, while growing its protein-focused portfolio through selective acquisiti...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Yildiz Holding "draws bids for dairy arm Ak Gida"
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth