US: Hormel, Hillshire linked to Unilever's Ragu
Unilever is rumoured to be looking for a buyer for Ragu
Hormel Foods and Hillshire Brands both remained silent on speculation they have expressed interest in Unilever's pasta sauce brand, while Post and Mizkan were unavailable for comment at time of press.
Unilever, meanwhile, refused to be drawn on the subject when speculation emerged that it was mulling the sale of Ragu earlier this month. Morgan Stanley, who it is said to be managing the sale, declined to comment.
Analysts suggested Pinnacle would be the most likely of the four to acquire the brand since the group acquired the Wish-Bone salad dressings business from Unilever in a US$580m deal last year.
According to Bloomberg, first round bids for Ragu could fetch up to $2bn.
Infant formulas and baby food products are specially designed for infants and toddlers. These products are easy to consume and provide for the nutritional needs of babies. Baby food products come in a...
Canned food products refer to processed food items that are available in airtight suitable metal cans with added preservatives. Short cooking time, long shelf life, and easy storage are some of the fa...
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- New Quaker Oats range targets wellness trend