US: Hormel, Hillshire linked to Unilever's Ragu
Unilever is rumoured to be looking for a buyer for Ragu
Hormel Foods and Hillshire Brands both remained silent on speculation they have expressed interest in Unilever's pasta sauce brand, while Post and Mizkan were unavailable for comment at time of press.
Unilever, meanwhile, refused to be drawn on the subject when speculation emerged that it was mulling the sale of Ragu earlier this month. Morgan Stanley, who it is said to be managing the sale, declined to comment.
Analysts suggested Pinnacle would be the most likely of the four to acquire the brand since the group acquired the Wish-Bone salad dressings business from Unilever in a US$580m deal last year.
According to Bloomberg, first round bids for Ragu could fetch up to $2bn.
Hormel Foods Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Hormel Foods Corp is looking to drive growth through product innovations focusing on convenience and health and wellness trends, while growing its protein-focused portfolio through selective acquisiti...
Heinz Foodservice is focused on sales and promotion of its branded condiments, sauces, soups and tomato products targeting full-service, quick-serve and non-commercial restaurants. The company offers ...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics