US: Hormel, Hillshire linked to Unilever's Ragu
Unilever is rumoured to be looking for a buyer for Ragu
Hormel Foods and Hillshire Brands both remained silent on speculation they have expressed interest in Unilever's pasta sauce brand, while Post and Mizkan were unavailable for comment at time of press.
Unilever, meanwhile, refused to be drawn on the subject when speculation emerged that it was mulling the sale of Ragu earlier this month. Morgan Stanley, who it is said to be managing the sale, declined to comment.
Analysts suggested Pinnacle would be the most likely of the four to acquire the brand since the group acquired the Wish-Bone salad dressings business from Unilever in a US$580m deal last year.
According to Bloomberg, first round bids for Ragu could fetch up to $2bn.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Hormel Foods Corp is looking to drive growth through product innovations focusing on convenience and health and wellness trends, while growing its protein-focused portfolio through selective acquisiti...
Heinz Foodservice is focused on sales and promotion of its branded condiments, sauces, soups and tomato products targeting full-service, quick-serve and non-commercial restaurants. The company offers ...
Heinz was acquired in 2013 by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway in a US$28 billion deal. The company will receive significantly greater resources to expand its presence in emerging markets where it ha...
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Flapjacked looks to ride protein wave
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Sainsbury's launches kids frozen meal range