US: Hormel increases capacity at Iowa plant
Hormel transfers production to Iowa
US food group Hormel Foods has confirmed plans to transfer additional production volumes to its processing facility in Dubuque in Iowa.
"Hormel Foods will be moving the production of its bacon toppings products to the company's Progressive Processing (Dubuque, Iowa) facility. The planned move is expected to be completed by summer of 2014," a spokesperson for the group told just-food today (17 January).
According to local reports, the group is investing US$36m in upgrading the site.
Hormel did not comment on where production was being transferred from or whether the move would generate any cost-savings.
Canadean's "Hormel Foods Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile cont...
Hormel Foods Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
During the annual Barclays Conference in September 2013, CEO Jeffrey Ettinger reiterated Hormel’s focus on growth through innovation. Driving sales abroad was also mentioned as a major target for Horm...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cured Meats category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable...
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure