US: Hormel increases capacity at Iowa plant
Hormel transfers production to Iowa
US food group Hormel Foods has confirmed plans to transfer additional production volumes to its processing facility in Dubuque in Iowa.
"Hormel Foods will be moving the production of its bacon toppings products to the company's Progressive Processing (Dubuque, Iowa) facility. The planned move is expected to be completed by summer of 2014," a spokesperson for the group told just-food today (17 January).
According to local reports, the group is investing US$36m in upgrading the site.
Hormel did not comment on where production was being transferred from or whether the move would generate any cost-savings.
Hormel Foods and Cargill have dissolved their joint venture partnership for the Precept Foods brand. ...
Hormel Foods has revealed it is considering leaving Vietnam, a market where it has a business with Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights