US: Hormel increases capacity at Iowa plant
Hormel transfers production to Iowa
US food group Hormel Foods has confirmed plans to transfer additional production volumes to its processing facility in Dubuque in Iowa.
"Hormel Foods will be moving the production of its bacon toppings products to the company's Progressive Processing (Dubuque, Iowa) facility. The planned move is expected to be completed by summer of 2014," a spokesperson for the group told just-food today (17 January).
According to local reports, the group is investing US$36m in upgrading the site.
Hormel did not comment on where production was being transferred from or whether the move would generate any cost-savings.
Hormel Foods Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Canadean's "Hormel Foods Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile cont...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Fermented Meats category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispens...
Hormel Foods and Cargill have dissolved their joint venture partnership for the Precept Foods brand. ...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cured Meats category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution chan...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report