CZECH: Horsemeat found in Iceland Foods beef steak
UK frozen food retailer Iceland Foods has confirmed beef steak on sale at its store in the Czech Republic has been found to contain horsemeat.
Iceland said Czech tests found a batch of diced beef steak with a best-before date of 30 May 2013 contained over 1% horsemeat.
The retailer said the batch was manufactured a year ago and is no longer on sale at any Iceland store in the UK or overseas franchised outlet. Iceland stop using the supplier in November.
In February, at the height of national and international media attention into the horsemeat contamination across Europe, Iceland chief executive Malcolm Walker described the saga as "a storm in a teacup".
A monthe earlier, when the contamination was first revealed by Irish food ssafety officials in products made at three plants owned by Ireland's ABP Food Group, Iceland was among a group of retailers that recalled burgers.
However, Iceland said the Irish tests were "unaccredited". It said the threshold used by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) found traces of equine DNA at a level of 0.1%.
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Soup category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution ch...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Dried Soup (mixes) category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribut...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report