US: Hostess appoints Kraft executive as next CEO
Hostess Brands has appointed Brian Driscoll as CEO
Hostess Brands, maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread in the US, has appointed Brian J. Driscoll as Chief Executive Officer. Driscoll joins the company from Kraft Foods where he served as President of Sales Customer Service and Logistics.
He will replace Craig D. Jung who has been Chief Executive since 2007 and is now retiring. Driscoll joins Hostess from Kraft Foods, where he was president of sales, customer service and logistics. He has also held senior roles at Nabisco, Nestlé USA and Procter & Gamble.
"We is moving into a new phase of growth at Hostess Brands, which we believe parallels perfectly with the broad food experience that Brian brings to Hostess," Chairman John T. Cahill said.
2010 closed with a growing amount of M&A activity with business becoming more confident and lending conditions becoming more favourable. But what will 2011 hold for buyers and sellers in the food indu...
There have been over 640 stories in just-food's M&A section since April this year covering everything from industry-changing mergers to bolt on acquisitions and brand disposals. This section to the br...
As we headed into September, there was uncertainty about the prospects for M&A activity, with analysts at KPMG suggesting the value of deals in the food, drink and consumer goods space in the second q...
The week kicked-off with the news that the purchase of French cheese maker Entremont Alliance by dairy co-operative Sodiaal had been approved....
The start of the week saw a flurry of a retail news, with confirmation of A&P's move into Chapter 11 protection in the US and Wal-Mart Stores' decision to close its office in Russia. Later in the week...
Kraft Foods is testing out cream cheese brand Philadelphia in France....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets