US: Hostess appoints Kraft executive as next CEO
Hostess Brands has appointed Brian Driscoll as CEO
Hostess Brands, maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread in the US, has appointed Brian J. Driscoll as Chief Executive Officer. Driscoll joins the company from Kraft Foods where he served as President of Sales Customer Service and Logistics.
He will replace Craig D. Jung who has been Chief Executive since 2007 and is now retiring. Driscoll joins Hostess from Kraft Foods, where he was president of sales, customer service and logistics. He has also held senior roles at Nabisco, Nestlé USA and Procter & Gamble.
"We is moving into a new phase of growth at Hostess Brands, which we believe parallels perfectly with the broad food experience that Brian brings to Hostess," Chairman John T. Cahill said.
2010 closed with a growing amount of M&A activity with business becoming more confident and lending conditions becoming more favourable. But what will 2011 hold for buyers and sellers in the food indu...
There have been over 640 stories in just-food's M&A section since April this year covering everything from industry-changing mergers to bolt on acquisitions and brand disposals. This section to the br...
As we headed into September, there was uncertainty about the prospects for M&A activity, with analysts at KPMG suggesting the value of deals in the food, drink and consumer goods space in the second q...
The week kicked-off with the news that the purchase of French cheese maker Entremont Alliance by dairy co-operative Sodiaal had been approved....
The start of the week saw a flurry of a retail news, with confirmation of A&P's move into Chapter 11 protection in the US and Wal-Mart Stores' decision to close its office in Russia. Later in the week...
Kraft Foods is testing out cream cheese brand Philadelphia in France....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report