US: Hostess Brands files for bankruptcy
Hostess has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a decade
US baker Hostess Brands has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the second time it has done so in its history.
The Twinkies and Ding Dongs cake manufacturer today (11 January) filed at a Bankruptcy Court in New York. It is the second time the troubled firm has been through Chapter 11 - the company was previously known as Interstate Bakeries, which went bankrupt in 2004 and emerged from it in 2009.
According to court documents, the 83-year-old company said that it currently owes its heavily-unionised staff US$21m and it owes more than $1bn to creditors.
The company has about 19,000 full-time and part-time employees, including 10,413 hourly workers and 8,436 salaried workers.
A spokesperson for Hostess was not available for comment. It is unknown whether the company will make redundancies or sell off brands in a bid for financial stability.
US baker Hostess Brands, which filed for Chapter 11 protection earlier this year, has said it is still eyeing an exit from bankruptcy despite warning employees jobs could go if the company is sold or ...
Brian Driscoll, the former CEO of US baker Hostess Brands, which is in bankruptcy protection, has joined Diamond Foods as its chief executive....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report