US: Hostess Brands launches Wonder Smartwheat bread
US baker Hostess Brands has launched a whole wheat bread under its flagship white bread brand, Wonder.
The company said today (7 March) said Wonder Smartwheat had "added nutrition", containing 22 grams of whole grain.
Hostess also described the product as a "good source" of nine vitamins and minerals and said it was "lower" in sodium, as part of the company's plans to take part in the National Sodium Reduction Initiative.
"Wonder continues to set the standard for baking soft, delicious and nutritious breads the whole family can enjoy," said Ann Oades, director of marketing for the bakers of Wonder. "More mums are seeking to increase their family's consumption of foods that contain whole grains, calcium and vitamins while lowering their intake of sodium."
Last year, Hostess launched Wonder Smartwhite, a white bread with added fibre and less salt, for consumers "who prefer the taste of white bread but want more nutrition", the company said at the time.
Hostess Brands has announced plans to extend its Donettes range of mini-donuts with a frosted devil's food cake variety....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights