US: Hostess Brands to extend Donettes range
Hostess Brands plans to extend its Donettes range of mini-donuts with a frosted devil's food cake variety.
The US baker said today (25 July) that the moist devil's food cake donuts are dipped in a chocolate-flavoured coating and will be available from grocery and convenience stores.
"Donettes continue to be one of our most popular sweet baked goods. In fact, Hostess produces more than two billion per year - enough to wrap around the Earth three times," said Hostess vice president of snack marketing Mike Touhey. "We are excited to give Hostess consumers another delicious indulgence to share with their friends and families."
Donettes are available in 10.5oz and11.25oz dunkie Bags, 12.2oz Sweet Sixteen bags and 3oz single serve sleeves.
Major UK retailers reported a bit of a mixed Christmas, with Tesco's shares sliding following a trading announcement, while Sainsbury's claimed a "record-breaking" festive period. The fortunes of US b...
The performance of the UK food retail sector over Christmas came under scrutiny this week and there were some clear winners and losers. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill continued to turn, with German yo...
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen