US: Hostess Brands to extend Donettes range
Hostess Brands plans to extend its Donettes range of mini-donuts with a frosted devil's food cake variety.
The US baker said today (25 July) that the moist devil's food cake donuts are dipped in a chocolate-flavoured coating and will be available from grocery and convenience stores.
"Donettes continue to be one of our most popular sweet baked goods. In fact, Hostess produces more than two billion per year - enough to wrap around the Earth three times," said Hostess vice president of snack marketing Mike Touhey. "We are excited to give Hostess consumers another delicious indulgence to share with their friends and families."
Donettes are available in 10.5oz and11.25oz dunkie Bags, 12.2oz Sweet Sixteen bags and 3oz single serve sleeves.
Major UK retailers reported a bit of a mixed Christmas, with Tesco's shares sliding following a trading announcement, while Sainsbury's claimed a "record-breaking" festive period. The fortunes of US b...
The performance of the UK food retail sector over Christmas came under scrutiny this week and there were some clear winners and losers. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill continued to turn, with German yo...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report