US: Hostess Brands to extend Donettes range
Hostess Brands plans to extend its Donettes range of mini-donuts with a frosted devil's food cake variety.
The US baker said today (25 July) that the moist devil's food cake donuts are dipped in a chocolate-flavoured coating and will be available from grocery and convenience stores.
"Donettes continue to be one of our most popular sweet baked goods. In fact, Hostess produces more than two billion per year - enough to wrap around the Earth three times," said Hostess vice president of snack marketing Mike Touhey. "We are excited to give Hostess consumers another delicious indulgence to share with their friends and families."
Donettes are available in 10.5oz and11.25oz dunkie Bags, 12.2oz Sweet Sixteen bags and 3oz single serve sleeves.
Major UK retailers reported a bit of a mixed Christmas, with Tesco's shares sliding following a trading announcement, while Sainsbury's claimed a "record-breaking" festive period. The fortunes of US b...
The performance of the UK food retail sector over Christmas came under scrutiny this week and there were some clear winners and losers. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill continued to turn, with German yo...
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide