US: Hostess expects to complete sale within months
Hostess auction nears
Hostess Brands has indicated that it expects to complete the auction process selling off its brands and assets within a matter of months.
The Twinkies maker wound down its operations and went into administration in November when it insisted a national strike organised by BCTGM union "crippled" the already struggling company.
Since then, Hostess has received "hundreds" of expressions of interest for its iconic brands and production facilities, a spokesperson for the group told just-food today (2 January). "There is interest in the facilities, though clearly the brands are of greater interest," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson revealed the group expects to set up a stalking horse process with around six bidders, the names of which will be announced later this month.
"We expect to select and name the stalking horse bidders and then the formal bidding process would take four to six weeks," the spokesperson said.
Reports have identified the likes of Flowers Foods, Kroger and - most recently - Bimbo as potential bidders. According to recent reports, Bimbo would look to snap up the Hostess business in its entirety. The spokesperson did not rule out the possibility of selling off the business as a whole. "It is a case of looking at what the best offer is," the spokesperson said.
US breakfast cereal group Post Holdings kicks off a relatively quieter week of results with its half-year numbers on Monday. On Tuesday, meat giants Marfig and JBS will report on how it fared in the f...
UK private-equity firm Actis has acquired a 30% stake in Egypt-based snack food group Edita Food Industries....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020