US: Hostess launches Breakfast Classics line
US baker and snack maker Hostess has extended its range to include a breakfast range.
Hostess Breakfast Classics include muffins, honey buns, cinnamon rolls and Danish pastries available in convenience stores across the US.
The entire line includes: Twin Pack Blueberry Muffins, Twin Pack Chocolate Chip Muffins, Cinnamon Rolls, Glazed Honey Buns, Jumbo Honey Buns, Berry and Cheese Danishes, Cheese Danishes, Iced Cheese Danishes, Apple Danishes and Bear Claws.
"For consumers on the go, Hostess Breakfast Classics offer convenient options," said Mike Touhey, vice president of snack marketing at Hostess Brands.
US bakery group Hostess Brands has pledged to cut the level of sodium in its brands by 20% and promised any new breads launched would be with less salt....
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk