US: Hostess to name stalking horse bidder for Drakes - report
Hostess put its business on the block in November
Hostess Brands, the producer of well-known brands such as Twinkies, is preparing to file a "stalking horse" agreement for its Drakes bakery brand next week, it is understood.
Hostess put its business on the block in November, when it wound down operations and went into liquidation. The company is currently in the process of selling off its brands and assets.
Last week, Mexican baker Groupo Bimbo was believed to be the front-runner in the sale of Hostess Brands snack cake interests.
According to Reuters, the statement came from a lawyer for the bakery business at a court hearing today (25 January), at which Hostess is seeking permission to sell the majority of its bread brand assets and Beefsteak brand at a 28 February auction. The report did not name the lead bidder.
Last week, the company named Flowers Foods as the stalking horse bidder for various bread assets, including Wonder Bread. The company has tabled an offer to buy 20 bread plants, 38 depots and other assets for $355m.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
US breakfast cereal group Post Holdings kicks off a relatively quieter week of results with its half-year numbers on Monday. On Tuesday, meat giants Marfig and JBS will report on how it fared in the f...
UK private-equity firm Actis has acquired a 30% stake in Egypt-based snack food group Edita Food Industries....
The new Hostess Brands has announced plans to re-open plants in Indiana and Illinois as the US baker looks to rebuild its production network....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details