VIETNAM: House Foods Corp. buys stake in Masan Group
Japanese food and beverage company House Foods Corp, has signed an agreement to take a stake of around US$20m in Vietnamese private-equity group Masan Group Corp.
The deal will see House Foods Corp. buy 9m new ordinary shares at a price of around VND40,000 (US$2.19) per share, representing a stake of around 1.85% of Masan Group Corp's enlarged share capital.
The transaction values Masan Group Corp. at over $1bn.
Madhur Maini, CEO of Masan Group, said: "Masan will continue to partner with leading financial and strategic players to execute on our strategy of creating local MNCs to execute Vietnam value."
House Foods Corp. produces a range of products including curry, seasonings, spices, packaged foods, pre-cooked foods, drinks and snacks.
House Foods president Hiroshi Urakami added: "We believe Vietnam has tremendous growth opportunities and that Masan Group is the ideal firm to partner with in the Vietnamese market."
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report