Hovis launches Farmhouse loaves range
Hovis launches premium Farmhouse line
Hovis, the UK bakery business, has introduced a range it believes will give its customers the freshness and quality they are looking for.
The new Farmhouse range includes wholemeal and soft white loaves and comes on the back of extensive consumer research that showed its customers were looking for softer, quality products that come with a real fresh bread aroma and taste.
Hovis believes the new range will also bring added growth to the overall bread category.
Sharon Barraclough, marketing director at Hovis, said: "There is a distinct group of loyal shoppers that will only buy Farmhouse loaves. The research that we conducted gave us robust insight into ways that we could design the perfect Farmhouse range to deliver against shoppers' desires for a fresh bread aroma and soft, springy texture."
She added: "Already the number one choice in wholemeal, it is important we are also catering for the latent love that is strong for white bread. Our expert bakers have been able to create their best ever white Farmhouse loaf, softer and bringing a real fresh bread, aroma and taste – exactly what shoppers want."
The new Hovis soft white Farmhouse 800g and Hovis wholemeal Farmhouse 800g both have an RRP of GBP1.40.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations