USA: HSR waiting period expires for Cargill merger with Agribrands
Cargill's merger with Agribrands International (NYSE: AGX) cleared a hurdle when the waiting period mandated by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (HSR) expired. HSR requires the parties to mergers or acquisitions of a certain magnitude to file documents with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) and to wait 30 days before consummating such transactions, giving authorities time to determine whether filing additional information is warranted. The HSR waiting period expired at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, with no requests from the FTC or the DOJ for more information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO