USA: HSR waiting period expires for Cargill merger with Agribrands
Cargill's merger with Agribrands International (NYSE: AGX) cleared a hurdle when the waiting period mandated by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (HSR) expired. HSR requires the parties to mergers or acquisitions of a certain magnitude to file documents with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) and to wait 30 days before consummating such transactions, giving authorities time to determine whether filing additional information is warranted. The HSR waiting period expired at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, with no requests from the FTC or the DOJ for more information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins