USA: HSR waiting period expires for Cargill merger with Agribrands
Cargill's merger with Agribrands International (NYSE: AGX) cleared a hurdle when the waiting period mandated by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (HSR) expired. HSR requires the parties to mergers or acquisitions of a certain magnitude to file documents with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) and to wait 30 days before consummating such transactions, giving authorities time to determine whether filing additional information is warranted. The HSR waiting period expired at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, with no requests from the FTC or the DOJ for more information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target