USA: HSR waiting period expires for Cargill merger with Agribrands
Cargill's merger with Agribrands International (NYSE: AGX) cleared a hurdle when the waiting period mandated by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (HSR) expired. HSR requires the parties to mergers or acquisitions of a certain magnitude to file documents with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) and to wait 30 days before consummating such transactions, giving authorities time to determine whether filing additional information is warranted. The HSR waiting period expired at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, with no requests from the FTC or the DOJ for more information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw