Huegli acquires natural food maker PrimaVita
Hügli has acquired business with brands including GranoVita
Hügli has moved to "strengthen" its natural food business through the acquisition of PrimaVita from Bioherba Group.
The deal, which was for an undisclosed sum, includes the GranoVita and Eden brands. Products span a number of categories including organic and vegan products, delicatessen and tomato sauces, seasonings, cereals, meat substitutes and bread spreads. For 2015, the business is expected to generate annual turnover of around EUR17m (US$21.1m), Hügli revealed.
"This transaction underlines Hügli’s endeavour to continue to grow in traditional, consolidated markets. The merge strengthens the sales expertise and position in an interesting market, and has further potential to achieve profitable and sustainable growth," the Swiss company added.
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China