SWITZERLAND: Huegli posts 38.8% profit growth for 2013
Huegli has reported positive profit and sales growth for 2013
Swiss food firm Huegli has recorded net profit growth of 38.8% for the full year 2013 at CHF20.8m (US$23.6m).
During the period, the company saw a significant jump in EBIT, which beat previous forecasts of growth "clearly above" 13%. Operating profit actually increased 36% to CHF29.3m as the group lapped "difficult" conditions in 2012. In 2013 operating margins rose to 8% from 6.6% in the prior year, the company revealed.
Eastern Europe was impacted by "negative developments" from the Czech Republic.
The firm stuck with the outlook it provided in January for 2014 of "moderate organic revenue growth" and has indicated first-quarter revenues are flat at 0.3% "in line with expectations".
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights