SWITZERLAND: Huegli posts 38.8% profit growth for 2013
Huegli has reported positive profit and sales growth for 2013
Swiss food firm Huegli has recorded net profit growth of 38.8% for the full year 2013 at CHF20.8m (US$23.6m).
During the period, the company saw a significant jump in EBIT, which beat previous forecasts of growth "clearly above" 13%. Operating profit actually increased 36% to CHF29.3m as the group lapped "difficult" conditions in 2012. In 2013 operating margins rose to 8% from 6.6% in the prior year, the company revealed.
Eastern Europe was impacted by "negative developments" from the Czech Republic.
The firm stuck with the outlook it provided in January for 2014 of "moderate organic revenue growth" and has indicated first-quarter revenues are flat at 0.3% "in line with expectations".
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details