UK: Human believed infected with foot and mouth disease
The foot and mouth disease crisis took a new twist this week as a slaughter man from Cumbria awaits blood test results to confirm whether he has contracted the disease. The man, who has not been named, was working as a contractor in one of the country's worst affected areas when he was accidentally sprayed with infectious material from a cow. Two weeks later, he had developed symptoms which included mouth ulcers and core, itchy hands, and authorities now believes he is the first human victim of foot and mouth during this crisis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea