CANADA: Humpty Dumpty rejects partial takeover bid
Canadian marketer and distributor of salty snacks Humpty Dumpty Snack Foods has rejected an unsolicited partial takeover bid by wholesale produce distributor Dominion Citrus. The board of Humpty Dumpty rejected the bid, which was valued at C$17m (US$10.9m), because they thought it undervalued the company's "effective operating model, strong track record and future prospects."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods