CANADA: Humpty Dumpty rejects partial takeover bid
Canadian marketer and distributor of salty snacks Humpty Dumpty Snack Foods has rejected an unsolicited partial takeover bid by wholesale produce distributor Dominion Citrus. The board of Humpty Dumpty rejected the bid, which was valued at C$17m (US$10.9m), because they thought it undervalued the company's "effective operating model, strong track record and future prospects."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations