CANADA: Humpty Dumpty rejects partial takeover bid
Canadian marketer and distributor of salty snacks Humpty Dumpty Snack Foods has rejected an unsolicited partial takeover bid by wholesale produce distributor Dominion Citrus. The board of Humpty Dumpty rejected the bid, which was valued at C$17m (US$10.9m), because they thought it undervalued the company's "effective operating model, strong track record and future prospects."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses