CANADA: Humpty Dumpty rejects partial takeover bid
Canadian marketer and distributor of salty snacks Humpty Dumpty Snack Foods has rejected an unsolicited partial takeover bid by wholesale produce distributor Dominion Citrus. The board of Humpty Dumpty rejected the bid, which was valued at C$17m (US$10.9m), because they thought it undervalued the company's "effective operating model, strong track record and future prospects."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning