CANADA: Humpty Dumpty reports no rise in Q4 earnings
Canadian potato chip producer and distributor Humpty Dumpty Snack Foods has reported fourth-quarter net earnings of C$1.55m (US$1m), down slightly from the $1.57m in net earnings that the company posted for the same period last year.
The company said its sales grew 2.4% to $46.77m for the fourth quarter ending 30 September, compared with $45.68m a year earlier. Humpty Dumpty said the downturn in profits was due to the rising cost of potatoes, reported Reuters.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target