UK: Huntapac eyes supermarket listing for Roots crisps
Roots are available in Booker stores nationwide
UK root vegetable producer Huntapac is looking for supermarket listings for its new crisp brand, which is on sale at wholesaler Booker.
Roots Hand Cooked Vegetable Crisps with a pinch of Sea Salt are an extension to the company's existing Roots range of vegetables and salads. Made from Huntapac's carrots, parsnips and beetroot, the crisps are currently available in Booker stores with an RRP of GBP7.85 (US$11.70) per box of 18 bags.
A spokesperson for Huntapac, however, said the company will look to gain listings with UK supermarkets as part of a second phase of the launch.
"We've created some fantastic packaging that will really help our new vegetable crisps stand out on the shelf in the snacks aisle," said Huntapac MD Warren Hunter. "Roots Vegetable Crisps are also backed by the Huntapac story and heritage, which we believe will resonate with consumers, who are keener than ever to know how and where their food is produced."
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods