UK: Hutchings to leave Tomkins, to shareholder's relief
Wednesday night (11 October) signalled the end of an era on the UK corporate scene. Greg Hutchings has resigned from his post as chairman at the head of the engineering conglomerate, Tomkins . An autocratic leader, who had enjoyed 17 years of large salaries and bonuses, Hutchings was no stranger to corporate criticism. His 1980s heyday swiftly closed on a sour note as his stubborn refusal to take on board corporate governance guidelines, to split his self-appointed role as chairman and CEO until June of this year, and to fully explain his use of company assets shredded shareholders' nerves.Peter Butler, corporate focus director at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review