UK: Hutchings to leave Tomkins, to shareholder's relief
Wednesday night (11 October) signalled the end of an era on the UK corporate scene. Greg Hutchings has resigned from his post as chairman at the head of the engineering conglomerate, Tomkins . An autocratic leader, who had enjoyed 17 years of large salaries and bonuses, Hutchings was no stranger to corporate criticism. His 1980s heyday swiftly closed on a sour note as his stubborn refusal to take on board corporate governance guidelines, to split his self-appointed role as chairman and CEO until June of this year, and to fully explain his use of company assets shredded shareholders' nerves.Peter Butler, corporate focus director at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020