FRANCE: Hyparlo commits to Romania expansion
French supermarket company Hyparlo has revealed plans to expand its presence in Romania. At a press conference, the company said that it has committed to building a second supermarket in Bucharest, the capital of Romania by the end of next year. Based on the stronger than expected sales recorded at Hyparlo's first store in Bucharest, which was opened in June 2001 as a joint-venture with sector rival Carrefour, the company has said that there are plans for five more stores to be opened by 2007.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth