FRANCE: Hyparlo commits to Romania expansion
French supermarket company Hyparlo has revealed plans to expand its presence in Romania. At a press conference, the company said that it has committed to building a second supermarket in Bucharest, the capital of Romania by the end of next year. Based on the stronger than expected sales recorded at Hyparlo's first store in Bucharest, which was opened in June 2001 as a joint-venture with sector rival Carrefour, the company has said that there are plans for five more stores to be opened by 2007.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund