FRANCE: Hyparlo commits to Romania expansion
French supermarket company Hyparlo has revealed plans to expand its presence in Romania. At a press conference, the company said that it has committed to building a second supermarket in Bucharest, the capital of Romania by the end of next year. Based on the stronger than expected sales recorded at Hyparlo's first store in Bucharest, which was opened in June 2001 as a joint-venture with sector rival Carrefour, the company has said that there are plans for five more stores to be opened by 2007.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods