RUSSIA: Hypermarket retailer Lenta sets IPO price
Lenta says it is second-largest hypermarket operator in Russia
Russian retailer Lenta has published the price range for its offering of shares in London and Moscow.
The hypermarket operator said the range had been set at US$9.50-11.50 per global depositary receipt. Five GDRs is worth a share.
The range implies Lenta's market capitalisation at the start of dealings will be US$4.09-4.95bn.
That capitalisation equates to an enterprise value of US$5.2-6.1bn, using Lenta's net debt at the end of 2013 and a USD/RUB exchange rate of 34.86 today (14 February).
The offering will see Lenta investors, which include private-equity groups TPG Capital and VTB Capital Private Equity, sell 22.1% of the retailer's existing share capital.
At present, TPG owns 49.8% of Lenta, with VTB holding 11.7%. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) owns 21.5%, with other minority investors holding the rest.
CEO Jan Dunning said: "The strength of our positioning and the ongoing support provided by a world-class group of investors leaves us very well positioned to capture the significant growth potential in the fragmented and underpenetrated Russian food retail market."
Lenta has 77 hypermarkets in 45 cities across Russia, plus ten supermarkets in and around Moscow. The retailer has said it is the second-largest hypermarket operator in Russia and has plans to expand further.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights