RUSSIA: Hypermarkets boost Magnit Q1 sales
- LFL sales up from hypermarkets and c-stores
- C-stores see fall in LFL traffic
- Net retail revenue up 34%
Russian retailer Magnit has reported a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first three months of 2012 thanks to robust growth from its hypermarket network.
Magnit, which runs over 5,400 stores in Russia but only 96 hypermarkets, said today (10 April) that its like-for-like revenue increased 4.1% in the three months to the end of March.
Like-for-like sales from its hypermarkets increased 7.4% on the back of increased traffic and the value of an average basket. Like-for-likes from its convenience network, which numbers over 5,100 outlets, increased 3.8% but traffic to the stores dipped 0.9%.
The unaudited results also showed that Magnit's net retail revenue, excluding VAT, was RUB100.6bn (US$3.39bn) for the first quarter of the year, up 34.1%.
Click here for the full release.
Major food multinationals last week reported their first-half results. Unilever saw food volumes fall, PepsiCo insisted it had "momentum" in Europe, Hershey believed US candy had reached a new growth ...
Russian retailer Dixy is focusing its growth strategy on expanding its convenience store network in the country....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report