RUSSIA: Hypermarkets boost Magnit Q1 sales
- LFL sales up from hypermarkets and c-stores
- C-stores see fall in LFL traffic
- Net retail revenue up 34%
Russian retailer Magnit has reported a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first three months of 2012 thanks to robust growth from its hypermarket network.
Magnit, which runs over 5,400 stores in Russia but only 96 hypermarkets, said today (10 April) that its like-for-like revenue increased 4.1% in the three months to the end of March.
Like-for-like sales from its hypermarkets increased 7.4% on the back of increased traffic and the value of an average basket. Like-for-likes from its convenience network, which numbers over 5,100 outlets, increased 3.8% but traffic to the stores dipped 0.9%.
The unaudited results also showed that Magnit's net retail revenue, excluding VAT, was RUB100.6bn (US$3.39bn) for the first quarter of the year, up 34.1%.
Click here for the full release.
Major food multinationals last week reported their first-half results. Unilever saw food volumes fall, PepsiCo insisted it had "momentum" in Europe, Hershey believed US candy had reached a new growth ...
Russian retailer Dixy is focusing its growth strategy on expanding its convenience store network in the country....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom