RUSSIA: Hypermarkets boost Magnit Q1 sales
- LFL sales up from hypermarkets and c-stores
- C-stores see fall in LFL traffic
- Net retail revenue up 34%
Russian retailer Magnit has reported a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first three months of 2012 thanks to robust growth from its hypermarket network.
Magnit, which runs over 5,400 stores in Russia but only 96 hypermarkets, said today (10 April) that its like-for-like revenue increased 4.1% in the three months to the end of March.
Like-for-like sales from its hypermarkets increased 7.4% on the back of increased traffic and the value of an average basket. Like-for-likes from its convenience network, which numbers over 5,100 outlets, increased 3.8% but traffic to the stores dipped 0.9%.
The unaudited results also showed that Magnit's net retail revenue, excluding VAT, was RUB100.6bn (US$3.39bn) for the first quarter of the year, up 34.1%.
Click here for the full release.
Major food multinationals last week reported their first-half results. Unilever saw food volumes fall, PepsiCo insisted it had "momentum" in Europe, Hershey believed US candy had reached a new growth ...
Russian retailer Dixy is focusing its growth strategy on expanding its convenience store network in the country....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report