USA: Hypoallergenic food patented by ImmunoPath Profile
Florida company ImmunoPath Profile gained US patent 6197356: Process for preparing hypoallergenic foods. This is a continuation of earlier patents relating to Hypoallergenic Chocolates. Abstract: Common allergenic foods are made hypoallergenic by treatment with super critical fluid or critical liquid gas such as super critical carbon dioxide or liquid nitrogen. The treatment of foods with liquid nitrogen or super critical carbon dioxide also enhances the functionality of fat, so that the total fat in the food can be reduced while retaining the good taste of the food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast