USA: Hypoallergenic food patented by ImmunoPath Profile
Florida company ImmunoPath Profile gained US patent 6197356: Process for preparing hypoallergenic foods. This is a continuation of earlier patents relating to Hypoallergenic Chocolates. Abstract: Common allergenic foods are made hypoallergenic by treatment with super critical fluid or critical liquid gas such as super critical carbon dioxide or liquid nitrogen. The treatment of foods with liquid nitrogen or super critical carbon dioxide also enhances the functionality of fat, so that the total fat in the food can be reduced while retaining the good taste of the food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill