GERMANY: German scientist: 'I covered up BSE cases in the 1990s'
Despite fierce denials, Germany had its own BSE cases as early as during the mid-1990s, claims food chemist Udo Pollmer. The cases, however, were hushed up until Germany had its first confirmed domestic case in November last year. Speaking to Foodwire , Pollmer says he has first-hand experience of the cover up, having known about a number of cases, but kept quiet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival