GERMANY: German scientist: 'I covered up BSE cases in the 1990s'
Despite fierce denials, Germany had its own BSE cases as early as during the mid-1990s, claims food chemist Udo Pollmer. The cases, however, were hushed up until Germany had its first confirmed domestic case in November last year. Speaking to Foodwire , Pollmer says he has first-hand experience of the cover up, having known about a number of cases, but kept quiet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses