UK: Sainsbury's Davis on Asda: "I don't know what they're smoking"
Peter Davis, CEO of UK retailer Sainsbury , has challenged US giant Wal-Mart to back up its confident market share claims. Asda , a subsidiary of the world's largest retailer, piled on the competition pressure when it announced that it is only 0.1 of 1% away from equalling the market share of Britain's second largest supermarket.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti