USA: IBP files suit against Tyson Foods
IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP) has filed a lawsuit in a Delaware Chancery court to force Tyson Foods (NYSE: TSN) to honor its agreement to complete a $3.2 billion merger acquisition of IBP. "Tyson's actions are completely unjustified by anything that has transpired and we will do what is necessary to protect our shareholders and our company" Robert L. Peterson, IBP chairman and chief executive officer, said. "We can only speculate that this is a classic case of 'buyer's remorse,' because there is clearly no basis for Tyson's claim that it was fraudulently induced and does not have to proceed with this transaction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast