USA: UPDATE: IBP Report Sent to Walla Walla County Prosecutor for Review
A criminal investigative report on alleged animal cruelty and violations of the Humane Slaughter Act at a southeast Washington meatpacking plant today was forwarded to the Walla Walla County prosecuting attorney. The action follows Gov. Gary Locke's request last June that an inter-agency team review slaughtering practices at the IBP plant in Wallula to determine if animal-cruelty, humane slaughter, worker-safety or food-safety violations may have occurred there.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action