USA: IBP/Tyson - fighting it out - COMMENT
A US court has rejected Tyson Foods' petition to stay or dismiss IBP's lawsuit. March saw Tyson initiate its withdrawal from merging with IBP. Both companies have since filed lawsuits against the other. The rejection means that IBP still has a chance to enforce the original deal. But if the suit fails, IBP's value to potential new bidders will be considerably diminished and offer little reassurance to shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK