NETHERLANDS/SWEDEN: ICA Ahold and AEGON end talks on ICA Banken
Swedish supermarket operator ICA Ahold and Dutch insurance company Aegon have ended negotiations on forming a joint venture involving ICA Banken, a subsidiary of ICA Ahold. In November 2002, ICA Ahold and Aegon announced that they had started talks on a 50/50 joint venture in ICA Banken (based in Solna, Sweden), for the provision of financial services through ICA Ahold's retail network. These negotiations have been discontinued, because of divergent views on both the strategic direction for the bank and the transaction price, Ahold said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea