NETHERLANDS/SWEDEN: ICA Ahold and AEGON end talks on ICA Banken
Swedish supermarket operator ICA Ahold and Dutch insurance company Aegon have ended negotiations on forming a joint venture involving ICA Banken, a subsidiary of ICA Ahold. In November 2002, ICA Ahold and Aegon announced that they had started talks on a 50/50 joint venture in ICA Banken (based in Solna, Sweden), for the provision of financial services through ICA Ahold's retail network. These negotiations have been discontinued, because of divergent views on both the strategic direction for the bank and the transaction price, Ahold said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review