SWEDEN: ICA Ahold to open MAXI store in Halmstad
Swedish supermarket chain ICA Ahold has announced its plans to open a MAXI store in Halmstad, southern Sweden, on 16 October 2003. The new store will have an area of 10,000 sq m and will create 100 jobs. It will bring the number of MAXI stores in Sweden to 29. ICA Ahold, which is part owned by Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold, operates 3,100 stores in Scandinavia and the Baltic region, including 1,850 stores in Sweden, reported the Swedish News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant