USA: Ice-cream fanatic sues company for extra calories
Mardi Cohen has launched a class-action lawsuit against Big Daddy ice cream, claiming that its mislabelled product has cost her pounds in extra weight. The disgruntled ice-cream fanatic "was eating one container per day", explained her Fort Lauderdale attorney Howard Tescher, "not realizing it had the same number of Weight Watchers points as a doughnut".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations