UAE: Ice cream price war sees local producers victorious, now time to bolster prices together?
The withdrawal of Swiss food behemoth Nestlé from the Gulf ice cream market has cleared the path for other manufacturers to bolster prices in the local market, according to sources quoted in Gulf News . The sector has experienced an intense price war over the last few months, and the multinationals appear to have lost out to local brands. According to a senior manager with a local firm, this ousting of overseas brands was the intention: "The UAE market has passed through one of the must bruising price wars in the ice cream and frozen desserts category. This was initiated by leading local brands to counter the overseas brands, and from their perspective, they have been successful in their aims."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review