JAPAN: Ice cream wholesaler Fujisan applies for court protection from creditors
Japan's largest ice cream wholesaler, Fujisan, is reported to have applied for court protection from creditors, after failing to restore its business to profitability. Kyoto-based Fujisan, which applied for protection at the Osaka District Court, is believed to have around ¥60bn (US$540.6m) in debt, reported Kyodo News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival