UK: Iceland appoints Bill Grimsey as Chief Executive
Bill Grimsey has been appointed Chief Executive of Iceland Group plc with effect from 2 January 2001. Bill Grimsey, 48, was Chief Executive of Wickes plc from November 1996 until its agreed takeover by Focus Do It All Group in September 2000. He led the reconstruction and recovery of Wickes following its financial difficulties of the mid-1990s, and its successful defence against the initial hostile offer from Focus Do It All earlier this year. His previous retailing experience was primarily within the food sector, commencing with Budgens and including two years as customer service director and new store development director of Tesco, and five years as managing director of Hutchison Whampoa's Park'N'Shop supermarket business in Hong Kong.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK