UK: Iceland appoints Bill Grimsey as Chief Executive
Bill Grimsey has been appointed Chief Executive of Iceland Group plc with effect from 2 January 2001. Bill Grimsey, 48, was Chief Executive of Wickes plc from November 1996 until its agreed takeover by Focus Do It All Group in September 2000. He led the reconstruction and recovery of Wickes following its financial difficulties of the mid-1990s, and its successful defence against the initial hostile offer from Focus Do It All earlier this year. His previous retailing experience was primarily within the food sector, commencing with Budgens and including two years as customer service director and new store development director of Tesco, and five years as managing director of Hutchison Whampoa's Park'N'Shop supermarket business in Hong Kong.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill