UK: Iceland CEO Grimsey bags huge bonus despite three profit warnings
Shareholders at UK frozen food retailer Iceland might be surprised to learn that new CEO Bill Grimsey has been awarded a £225,000 (US$321,540) 'special one-off bonus' in recognition of "his contribution to the company's recovery." Since Iceland has issued three profit warnings since his arrival at the helm of the group, some might question what shape this "recovery" is taking. While industry statistics show sales taking a positive trend again, the group still has a long climb to regain its earlier popularity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action