UK: Iceland first-half sales down 6.7%
UK Frozen food retailer Big Food Group has reported that like-for-like sales at its frozen food chain Iceland fell 6.7% in the first half of the year. The fall in sales at Iceland, which accounts for around 30% of the company's turnover, led to a 60% fall in pre-tax profits. The group blamed an aggressive sales and promotion strategy at Iceland for the slump in sales, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry