UK: Iceland gives Booker Prize deal the chill
Frozen food retailer Iceland will end its sponsorship of the Booker Prize , heralding the end of one of the longest running corporate sponsorship deals in Britain. Bill Grimsey, group CEO, is expected to announce at the awards ceremony for the literary prize on Wednesday that continuing with the sponsorship does not make commercial sense. Responsibility for the prize was inherited as the result of a buyout of cash and carry retailer Booker last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund