UK: Iceland gives Booker Prize deal the chill
Frozen food retailer Iceland will end its sponsorship of the Booker Prize , heralding the end of one of the longest running corporate sponsorship deals in Britain. Bill Grimsey, group CEO, is expected to announce at the awards ceremony for the literary prize on Wednesday that continuing with the sponsorship does not make commercial sense. Responsibility for the prize was inherited as the result of a buyout of cash and carry retailer Booker last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO