UK: Iceland Group PLC board changes
Stuart Rose has resigned as Chief Executive of Iceland Group plc to take up a new position as Chief Executive of Arcadia Group plc. Malcolm Walker, Iceland's Executive Chairman, has resumed his former responsibilities as Chief Executive with immediate effect. Charles Wilson, an executive Director of Iceland Group, has also given notice of his resignation and his intention to join Arcadia Group. However, he will continue in his present role as Managing Director of Iceland's Booker subsidiary and will remain with the business until the end of March 2001, to help ensure the delivery of the promised cost savings and trading synergies from the Iceland Booker merger, and to facilitate a smooth management succession.Malcolm Walker commented: 'We are naturally disappointed that Stuart and Charles have decided to leave us to pursue this new opportunity, but Iceland and Booker have strong management in depth and I am sure that both businesses will continue to prosper. My own personal commitment to the success of the Group remains as strong as it has been throughout the last 30 years. 'All our experience since the merger has confirmed both the strategic logic of the deal and the scale of the opportunities it presents us. The cross-business teams we established to capture the cost savings and synergy benefits are operating as planned, and the outlook for the enlarged Group remains positive. I continue to view the future with confidence and enthusiasm.'
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report