UK: Iceland Group renamed The Big Food Group
The UK's Iceland Group is henceforth to be known as the Big Food Company, following shareholder approval of its new name. Shareholders gave their formal approval at an extraordinary general meeting held yesterday [Thursday]. The name is intended to end confusion caused by the group sharing a name with one of its subsidiaries, the Iceland stores, of which the group operates 760 outlets selling frozen, fresh and chilled foods and a limited range of groceries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast