UK: Iceland Group renamed The Big Food Group
The UK's Iceland Group is henceforth to be known as the Big Food Company, following shareholder approval of its new name. Shareholders gave their formal approval at an extraordinary general meeting held yesterday [Thursday]. The name is intended to end confusion caused by the group sharing a name with one of its subsidiaries, the Iceland stores, of which the group operates 760 outlets selling frozen, fresh and chilled foods and a limited range of groceries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife