UK: Iceland launches internal investigation on actions of previous management
Iceland CEO Bill Grimsey is believed to have launched an investigation into the methods employed to select suppliers for the frozen food retailer before he took over the helm at the beginning of this year. According to a report in the Mail on Sunday , evidence exists to suggest that buyers for the chain were told which suppliers to choose, regardless whether they were the most competitively priced.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth