UK: Iceland - more chilling news - COMMENT
UK frozen food retailer Iceland has announced another profit warning. The firm's venture into selling all-organic food last year was an expensive mistake: customers just weren't prepared to pay. While the climate should improve in coming years, the organic debacle is still worrying news for Iceland. More than other retailers, it is likely to have trouble shifting its cost-conscious customers towards premium, higher-margin products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid