UK: Iceland - more chilling news - COMMENT
UK frozen food retailer Iceland has announced another profit warning. The firm's venture into selling all-organic food last year was an expensive mistake: customers just weren't prepared to pay. While the climate should improve in coming years, the organic debacle is still worrying news for Iceland. More than other retailers, it is likely to have trouble shifting its cost-conscious customers towards premium, higher-margin products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production